As we consider the great example of love found in Christ there are a few things that jump out.
1. There could be no higher standard given than that of Jesus Christ. He is the ultimate example of setting self aside to meet the needs of others.
2. Understanding what we deserve because of sin and yet finding forgiveness in Christ, we begin to understand that forgiveness is not about merit but about selfless, God-given love for others.
3. Love for others is always demonstrated. Without a demonstration there may be feelings, attraction or good intentions, but there is not love. Love always results in action.
4. The Love that God has for us and all that it means to us should be a starting point as we relate to others. The love of God should flow through us as we selflessly meet the needs of others.
5. Only when we are demonstrating this kind of love for others are we fulfilling God’s will for our lives.
1John 4:11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.
I encourage you to listen to the posted message for a complete discussion of the demonstration of love found in Christ. What an amazing love it is, and what a standard He sets for us to follow.